YLES ’17 Registration Instructions and Criterion
Please read the following rules and regulations very carefully before registering. Failure to adhere to them may result in disqualification.
Note: Registrations is a dual phase process. The first phase comprises of online registration. Shortlisted delegations will be required to submit documents and payments in the second phase. Detailed instructions for both have been printed in the latter sections.
Rules & Regulations
- Each team must provide a letter of consent from their respective institution stating that they are bonafide students of said institution. The letter must be on the institutions’ official letterhead along with its stamp and the signature of the
- All private team-members must be currently enrolled in a recognized educational institute and must submit a document certifying that they are bonafide students of said institution. The document must meet the above-mentioned requirements.
- Eligibility Criteria: Each delegate must at least be in o-level/matric 1st year or beyond (A-level/University) to apply.
- Each team must consist of 3-5 members.
- The Team Leader must submit answers to all the questions in the form regarding the Business Idea that will be used for Idea Junction before the registrations deadline.
- Teams short-listed for Phase 2 will be judged on the basis of the answers submitted for the “Idea Junction” competition.
- Each team must compete in all 5 Business Events.
- No institution or team can register for YLES ‘17 after the first phase of registrations.
- The bonafide letter (as stated in Rule 1) and the complete registration fee must be submitted within the stipulated time period during final phase of registrations. Failure to adhere to the deadline will result in immediate disqualification.
- All payments made to LUMS Entrepreneurial Society (LES) are non-refundable.
- All delegation details must be finalized by the end of Phase 2. Any changes made after this date will not be entertained.
- The short-listed teams are chosen at the discretion of the LUMS Entrepreneurial Society (LES) and are not open to discussion.
- Once a team clears Phase 2, their status will be confirmed via E-mail.
- Waitlisted teams may be offered a place in the event depending on the number of slots available.
- Teams representing institutions will be preferred to private teams.
- The Registration Department reserves the right to reject any team or individual at any stage of the registration process.
- The Registration Department reserves the right to add to or amend the rules of registrations at any point in time. However, any amendments will be made public before they are exercised and delegates will be given due notice.
- YLES ’17 reserves the right to terminate any team or team member during the event if any a delegate is caught violating any rules that hinder the decorum of the event or damage LUMS property. In case of disqualification there will be no fee refund.
- Any act of rejection of any team at any stage during and/or before the event by the registration department cannot be challenged in any court of Law.
Phase 1 of Registrations is now open
. Teams can enlist through the online registration portal.
During this phase, the team leader will have to enlist the team, specify the institution that they are representing and chalk out their business idea (by completing the related forms).
Teams that are not representing any institution must register themselves as ‘Private’. Members of ‘Private’ teams can belong to different institutes. Teams representing institutions will be given preference to private teams. All valid applications with complete information will be catered to.
Teams selected for Phase 2 will be contacted through email and phone.
Each team will be required to send in a pay-orders/demand draft drawn in favor of
“Lahore University of Management Sciences” along with photocopies of their student ID cards/NIC and a bonafide letter from their school/university.
Teams will be obligated to make all payments within the defined deadlines to compete in the summit.
The fee structure for YLES ’17 is as follows:
- Team Registration Fee: Rs. 2,500/-
- Event Fee: Rs. 5,000/- per delegate
- On-Campus (LUMS) Accommodation Fee: Rs. 3,000/- per delegate
Note: The Event Fee covers both Business Events and Social Events. Accommodation will only be provided to delegates who do not have residence in Lahore.
In the second phase, each team is required to submit the following:
- Single Pay Order OR Bank Draft in favor of Lahore University of Management Sciences;
- Waiver of Liability for each delegate;
- Accommodation Waiver of Liability for each delegate (if applicable);
- Institution Consent Letter (not required for private teams);
- Photocopies of student ID cards/NIC and bonafide letter.
Note: Waiver forms will be mailed and uploaded on the website after the first phase. Please submit ALL
of the aforementioned documents in a single envelope (multiple teams from the same institute can send these documents together but they should be labeled accordingly).
The mailing envelope MUST
have the respective Team ID(s) written clearly on the back of the envelope. The bank draft along with the other documents mentioned above must be sent to the following address:
C/O Muhammad Ali Shah
Office of Student Affairs
Lahore University of Management Sciences
Opp. Sector ‘U’, DHA
The payments can be made through a Pay Order OR Bank Draft. The payments can be made as a cumulative sum
on a single Pay Order OR Bank Draft made in favor of
‘Lahore University of Management Sciences’.
Please note that the name of the institution and the Team ID(s) MUST be mentioned at the back of the Pay Order or Bank Draft.